https://twitter.com/CharityPeople Charity People Ltd
We are delighted to be partnering with Thomson Reuters Foundation to help find their new Director of Development.
We are seeking an experienced, strategic and highly motivated Director to lead the business development function of the Foundation and ensure cohesion across all aspects of fundraising and donor relationships. A natural people person, and inspiring leader, you will have an excellent track record of delivering successful high-value partnerships and proven knowledge of and passion for the work the Foundation does to advance media freedom, foster more inclusive economies, and promote human rights.
About the Role
As Director of Development at the Thomson Reuters Foundation, you will:
- Develop and oversee the fundraising programme to resource the Foundation’s ambitious growth strategy across a diverse and sustainable range of income streams
- Be responsible for a £5.5 min income (approx.) target per annum
- Provide strategic oversight the fundraising portfolio, growing a wide range of existing strategic funding partnerships to ensure sustainable growth
- Lead the sponsorship strategy for the Foundation’s flagship Trust Conference and Stop Slavery Award
- Work closely with the CEO and the Foundation’s Senior Leadership Team to develop strong value propositions for donors and clients, maximising income from trusts, foundations, multilaterals, government, and companies
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- An excellent track record of meeting and exceeding ambitious income targets
- A successful track record at a senior management level, in a similar role, in the international development sector with broad contacts across private and corporate Foundations and institutional donors
- Excellent understanding of the funding landscape, with knowledge of the latest developments, particularly in the Canada, US, UK and the EU
- Expert knowledge of fundraising laws and practice, including standards and best practice
- Experience in developing and implementing innovative fundraising strategies, and the ability to spot, develop and exploit potential across a range of income streams
Please note, this role is based in Canary Wharf, London, and we are looking for someone who will be happy to go into the office 4 days a week when this is possible again.
Please share your CV with Philippa Randle, Charity People’s Senior Appointments lead. If your profile fits what we’re looking for, we will be in touch with lots more details and to arrange an initial phone/ Zoom conversation.
Closing date: midday on Thursday 29th April
Please note that we are reviewing CVs on a rolling basis, so get in touch ASAP to avoid disappointment.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.