https://twitter.com/CharityPeople Charity People Ltd
Are you looking for your next role in Finance? If you are a Head of Finance and Operations wanting to join a growing family focused charity this is the role for you.
My client is £1.3million turnover charity based in Manchester. This is a newly created role and being part of the Senior Management Team, you will be working closely with the CEO, board and manging a team of four members of staff.
Candidates applying for this role must be qualified and you will be managing data, GDPR, lead on health and safety, deal with the IT outsourced provider and working with both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a very hands-on finance role with support from an Operations officer on day-to-day financial activities.
The salary being offered is £38,000 – £45,000 per annum.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
– Preparation of management accounts
– Work closely with the Finance and Operations Manager and two other Operations staff
– Annual budget and quarterly forecasts
– Preparation of Statutory Accounts according to Charity SORP
– Lead on the Financial strategy including advising and working closely with the CEO, SMT and Board of Trustees and prepare monthly reports for Finance Subcommittee
– Dealing with the auditors
– Working with the CEO in relation to Fundraising bids
– Deal with different streams of income and reporting methods (trusts, NHS, grants, contracts, legacy, donors etc.)
– Manage IT, Data and Health and Safety
Candidates applying for this role must have the following skills and experience:
– Qualified Accountant with recognised CCAB qualifications (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA)
– Experience working for a Charity and preparing accounts according to Charity SORP
– Have the ability to look beyond numbers and be commercially minded
– Proactive, problem-solving ability and have strong interpersonal skills
– Experience working and advising the CEO, SMT and Trustee Board
– Strong on data and GDPR and experience in managing other areas other than Finance division
The closing date for this role is 22nd September, 2021
First stage will be held on 1st October, 2021
Second stage will be held w/c 3rd October, 2021
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply with a copy of your CV. Candidates shortlisted will be required to write a supporting statement.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.