Are you a Philanthropy and Trusts Fundraising specialist with a passion for ensuring people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included?
High Value Relationships Manager – Northern Ireland
Location: Hybrid working, ideally 2 days in the Belfast children’s centre
Culture: Flexible, life and family-friendly, happy to discuss working patterns to suit you
*Benefits: Full list at the end of advert
Mencap was founded in 1946 and today provide services ranging from round-the-clock care to helping someone join in with local leisure activities, providing advice and information on things like employment and education, helping someone to live independently for the first time, and even things like reporting a crime to the police. They want a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
About the role
As a High Value Relationships Manager for Norther Ireland, you will manage a portfolio of new and existing high value (philanthropist and grant-maker) relationships across Northern Ireland. You’ll be working actively alongside the Director of Northern Ireland, Director of Fundraising and High Value Relationships team, developing and delivering a plan for growing income from philanthropic sources.
You’ll be contributing to the wider High Value department and Fundraising Directorate’s aim of delivering Mencap’s vision and Big Plan, and provide coaching support to staff across the UK, this is a highly collaborative role.
We are looking for someone who has experience either managing relationships with major donors or experience writing clear and compelling proposals… or perhaps both.
The culture here is no blame and no egos. It is a relaxed and supportive environment where you’ll be encouraged to bring your authentic self to your role.
For more information about this exciting role, please send either a profile or CV in the first instance to Amelia Lee at Charity People.
Deadline: Wednesday 21st February
Interview date: TBC
As well as knowing that what the charity does makes a positive difference to people’s lives, they also want staff to have access to a range of fantastic benefits and development opportunities:
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service-related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you start, you will be auto-enrolled after three months with us.
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation, bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities with which we work.