Royal College of Physicians – Committee member, audit and risk committee
The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) is looking for dedicated and collaborative committee members to join our audit and risk committee. This voluntary committee member role offers an opportunity to be part of a prestigious, world-renowned organisation that aims to ensure high-quality care for patients by improving standards and influencing policy and practice in modern medicine. It sets standards for clinical practice, conducts examinations, defines and monitors education and training programmes for physicians, supports doctors and physician associates in their clinical practice, and advises the Government, public and the profession on healthcare issues.
The audit and risk committee is a sub-committee of the board of trustees, chaired by an RCP board of trustees member, and is responsible for advising the Board on the College’s statutory financial reporting and for overseeing and reviewing its systems of risk management, internal control and audit. Committee members will be invited to serve a three-year term, subject to the confidence of the Committee, and may be eligible for re-appointment for an additional term.
Principal responsibilities of the audit and risk committee members include:
· Review, and challenge, where necessary, the actions and judgments of the executive in relation to the RCP’s statutory financial statements
· Oversee the College’s relations with the auditors and consider and make recommendations to the Board on their appointment, reappointment or removal
· Supervise the implementation and operation of a programme of internal audit and the executive actions that follow
· Review the scope and effectiveness of the systems for the identification, assessment, management, monitoring and control of financial and non-financial risk
· Establish and build a strong, effective and constructive working relationship with the Chair, and other board members, ensuring that they are held accountable for achieving agreed strategic objectives
· Attending meetings of the audit and risk committee, including scrutinising papers and leading discussions.
We warmly welcome applications for this committee member position, so please send your CV to email@example.com and request for the candidate pack to be sent over.
We look forward to hearing from you!
For over thirty years, we’ve recruited extraordinarily talented people into rewarding and vital positions on behalf of some of the biggest and smallest non-profit organisations in the UK and internationally. We also work in partnership with organisations that support diversity in the workplace, recognising the need for continual diverse partnerships in our work. We’re proud to be the chosen recruitment partner for many Charities, Universities, Membership bodies and Institutes.