Charity People are very pleased to be partnering with a growing and forward-thinking circa £10million turnover international charity based in London. My client is looking for a Head of Financial Accountant to join their agile, forward thinking Finance team.
You will be reporting to the CFO and managing a team of two direct reports. You will also be liaising very closely with the Management Accounts Team and the teams based in the US and Belgium.
You will be joining a brilliant team of Accountants to make a real difference to this INGO. If you have very strong Charity SORP, multicurrency and experience in Finance system change, then this is the perfect role for you. A very forward thinking CFO where you will be given the autonomy to lead and mould the Financial Accounting division.
This is a hybrid role going to London twice a week. The salary offered for this role is between £58,000 – £63,000 per annum plus very generous holidays and investment for your personal development by the organisation. Candidates applying for this role must have recognised CCAB (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) qualifications.
Some of your main duties are:
- Experience in working in multi-currency and multi-entity environments
- Working knowledge of financial compliance in three geographical jurisdictions: the UK, the US and Belgium
- Financial system management and development experience
- Experience in streamlining processes, procedures, and automation
- Treasury management in a multi-currency environment (Banking, investment, foreign exchange, cash flow, financial policies)
- Experience in UK Charity SORP-based production of annual accounts and audits and managing financial returns in US and Belgium jurisdiction
- Staff management experience
Candidates applying for this role must have the following requirements:
- Senior level management reporting within a small / medium sized organisation
- Experience working within the INGO, charity or NFP sector
- Candidates who have a recognised CCAB Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
- Very strong knowledge of Charity SORP
- Experience in Financial system improvement (note: Microsoft Dynamics 365, Office 365) and experience in automation
- Hands on candidate with strong interpersonal skills
- Values driven with strong focus on EDI and leadership skills
Location: My client’s office is fully accessible with a lift and accessible toilets on each floor
Pension: My client contributes up to 7%
Annual leave: 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays)
Working hours: My client pride themselves on facilitating flexible working where possible.
- Free health insurance from day one.
- Interest free loans on season tickets.
- A tax-free cycle to work scheme.
- Family friendly policies including 26 weeks paid maternity leave and 4 paid days per year for caring responsibilities.
- An extra two days leave per year to volunteer for a cause that is important to you.
- A wellbeing day each quarter.
- Pregnancy loss policy
- Period policy
Timelines for the role:
Role will be closing on 23rd February, 2024
Interviews will be happening w/c 26th February, 2024 or w/c 4th March, 2024
Candidates shortlisted for this role will be required to write a supporting statement. If you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply with a copy of your CV.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.