1. How long have you worked with Charity People and what was your career to date before here?
I joined Charity People in May 2021. Prior to that I used to work for TPP for six years and started my career in recruitment straight after my Masters. I moved to the UK from Sri Lanka in 2006 and started in recruitment in 2007 and have been here ever since.
2. Why did you decide to join Charity People?
I moved to Charity People since I worked with Glen, Nick, Ellen and Alice when they were at TPP. My main reason for moving here is, knowing about my wellbeing and career development, Glen never would have wanted to hinder my career. Since I trust Glen Manners and Nick Billingham, I moved to Charity People.
3. What do you feel you uniquely bring to your clients at Charity People?
Our flexibility, being able to adapt to a clients needs, treating all candidates and clients inclusively and being knowledgeable in your specialist area.
4. What advice would you give to people looking for a Finance job in the current market?
Be thorough, research about the organisation before you attend the interview, give tangible examples and finally be yourself.
5. Any top tips on being a great Finance worker?
Be authentic, believe in your values and principles and work in collaboration and think about everyone within the organisation – basically look at the bigger picture and what’s best for the organisation, team and individual.
6. What issues are forefront of your mind right now?
Internally within my role in Charity People it is information sharing, as I believe knowledge is power.
External factors – ensuring I am doing the best for my clients and candidates, ensuring salaries are fair and who wouldn’t be worrying about the state of the UK economy right now.